What is Ray’s Place?
A Creemore-based, Registered Charity supporting Creemore area youth in their pursuit of a post- secondary education that enables them to secure rewarding employment and become contributing members of the community.
Who Runs Ray’s Place?
The charity and its sister charity, The Ray’s Place Scholarship Trust, are 100% run by volunteers. There are no paid employees and all donated funds are applied directly to benefit local youth.
How does Ray’s Operate?
By working with local schools, parent groups and residents, Ray’s Place volunteers seek to identify and fill educational and financial needs, capitalizing on opportunities through workshops, scholarships and bursaries. All donations of $25 and more are tax deductible!
Why does Ray’s Place Exist?
One often hears “Our youth is our future”. The unstated corollary is: “the future health of communities depends on today’s youth”. But today’s youth face a problem; where do the jobs come from?
Today, Canada’s jobs are generated by the service industry, an economic sector that will require increasing levels of skills and specialties. These can only be obtained through education and attainment of a recognized certificate, diploma or degree.
Activities and Focus:
Ray’s Place volunteers participate with other community members and organizations to augment educational support enabling our youth to pursue educational paths leading to their various career choices. We will achieve this by:
• Funding Scholarships to accredited Canadian Universities,
• Awarding Bursaries for Community Colleges, Trade Schools and Apprenticeship Programs,
• Paying for extra tutoring where needed,
• Providing workshops on career planning, interview, communication and other ‘soft skills”,
• Mentoring students attending university or college,
• Enabling travel to schools and sundry educational materials and expenses.
PO Box 2052 Creemore, ON L0M 1G0 — (705) 466-3339 — email@example.com